Tuesday, January 18, 2011

feeling accomplished

Yesterday, I had a 2hr violin sectional with an amazing teacher. I really like how she defines precisely what the music should sound like , and now I feel a lot more comfortable with expression. The key is to sing your part and that's a guide to how your instrument should sound too.

Which leads to today. I'm proud to say I played the violin for over five hours today!! It's insane how I don't feel exactly drained by it either. I have this bad habit of not practicing my violin on a daily basis. But when I do take it out of my case, I can go on for hours and not realize time is passing by so quickly.

On a different note, I'm starting to think about whether or not I'm a good person..I feel like I get my work done and enjoy life, and yet there's that empty feeling. I don't have close friends whom I can confide too. Is it really my problem that I can't open up? It's tough to really let it all out in the open. I can be extremely talkative, but even that seems forced. I don't know. Am I really that weird? I feel like no out there really wants to be my friend or are intimidated by me. I wish I didn't give that impression. Hmm, or maybe high school is by nature extremely cliquey. Whatever the case, I hope one day I do find a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment